Monday, November 15, 2010

Resilience

Affirmation:  I invite God's divine healing light into my mind, body and spirit; creating a state of total well being.
Several months ago, I visited my Chiropractor and our discussion turned to healing one's self. She spoke to me about how the beliefs we have concerning our health have a direct impact on our state of well being, or ill being.  She and her assistant have a practice they use to make life changes.  She explained that not only did she find a phrase or sentence to affirm the change, but they also took time to visualize it.  I left with a new found sense of power.  I had been struggling for years with a sore hip and here I was being told, I could change that by thinking differently about it.  I've been practicing affirmations for years but truth to tell, I never thought about re-framing the ache in my hip.  Then, I was led to re-read John Sarno's book: Healing Back Pain.  There it was again, the same message.  How you think about your body, your health, has a direct effect on its state.  At one point in the book, he says that you either believe the theory or you embrace it simply because you're so desperate for relief.  I happen to fall into the first category. I know one must be careful believing we are fully responsible for everything that happens to us. It can lead to a blame the victim mentality. But, I choose to think I am responsible for almost everything that happens to me.  However, sometimes forces beyond our control overcome our best intentions. It makes me feel better.  Then, just the other day, I read where people who think of themselves as resilient have fewer health problems.  I wonder if they have fewer problems all together?  But, the message was clear.  How you think has a direct impact on how you feel.  Affirmation:  "I invite God's divine healing light into my mind, body and spirit; creating a state of total well being."  If that's too long, try this one:  "I will not allow my brain to cause my body pain."

No comments:

Post a Comment