Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Love

Affirmation:  (1) My life is Joy filled, Miracles occur, Love surrounds me and permeates every aspect of my existence.  (2) I am fully open to love, both human and divine.
Actually, this title could be "Loving Oneself."  How many women do you know who would say they love themselves?  It seems to me, that most women have a lot of difficultly valuing themselves.  Most of the discussions I have with my friends are about ways to increase our self esteems especially as we grow older.  In one of the books I read the author said she was great at giving out love, but realized quite late in life, that she didn't readily accept love.  I remember once saying to a friend that when I received compliments, affection from people who liked me, I had a tendency to discount the comment.  Her tongue-in-cheek response was, "Sure, don't take to heart the things people say who love you.  It's much better to listen to those who don't like you."  And, then there was the comment about how my reaction was like a slap in the face to the person talking to me.  It was like saying, "You are so stupid!  What do you know?"  So, those two comments offered me a lot to think about.  I decided it was OK, healthy to accept the love offered to me.  I am so lucky to have people in my life who do love me.  And, then too, I realized I also have beings not of this world who must love me.  I am sure my deceased father and grandparents love me.  I am sure there are other guides and Angels who deeply love me.  And, my faith tells me that God loves me, that God is love.  So, I have focused several of my affirmations around self-love.  (1) My life is Joy filled, Miracles occur, Love surrounds me and permeates every aspect of my existence.  (2) I am fully open to love, both human and divine.  The truth is, until I full accept the love that is available to me, I will never be able to love the way I really want to: without judgement, unconditionally and non-grasping.

No comments:

Post a Comment