Monday, December 20, 2010

Strengthening Faith

Affirmation:  I know by meditating on Jesus, throughout my day, I am union with the Divine; Miracles are created and without struggle my life will be transformed in ways beyond my imagination.
Advent, Christmas.  It's the time of year when we celebrate one of the most widely recognized holidays in the world.  For some, it's simply a secular holiday:  time off from work, time to be with family and friends, a time with some sort of rituals that hopefully bring comfort and peace.  But, for me, it's about the birth of my savior.  I must admit I am always full of doubt.  I am a skeptic.  I need and seek out experiences that affirm my faith as I see it and that encourage it to deepen, to strengthen.  I decided to dedicate Advent as a time to do just that.  I have made a conscious decision to invite Jesus, the Blessed Mother, my Angels and guides to join me, to stay with me, throughout my entire day.  I believe, actually, that they never leave me, it is I in my busyness, my attention to worldly activities, who leaves them.  But, for this season, and hopefully going forward, I have made a conscious effort to pray unceasingly.  What does that look like?  Well, it includes morning and evening prayers.  It includes a book I read before I journal called, In Conversation with God, and it includes taking a deep breath throughout the day and simply saying "Jesus."  It's a perfect word to go with a deep inhale and a long exhale and I feel like it brings me back to that place I so desire to be; in the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment