Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Emotional Baggage

Affirmation:  I embrace the wisdom of my life's experiences and let go of any emotional baggage.
Have you ever had something happen in your life that you could not let go of?  Something that seemed to haunt you?  Something that you were sure you had "gotten over" that kept appearing?  Something that kept coming up even in your dreams?
Some things, my husband tells me, have longer tails than others.  I liked that image.  I could see it so clearly.  Some things are simply fond memories;  other things linger long after I believe they serve any purpose.  They can be draining, unsettling.  Sometimes, I can't even imagine why these thoughts that keep coming up, have become so insistent, so obsessive.  I have tried many tools to re-direct my mind.  I can seem to implement them and they will help for a while, but then "pop," up they come again.  I haven't always been like this.  It seems to be something that has come with age or perhaps, the experience has come because I have aged enough to have it.
Recently, I picked up a book someone gave me a long time ago but to which I have not paid much attention.  It's one of those books that has daily readings.  It's called, Spiritual Insights for Daily Living
The reading from January 21st brought me healing and I would like to share it with you.
"I am now ready for a cleansing--getting rid of debris that I have harbored much too long.  Anyone who at any time may have contributed to causing disharmony within me, I bring into consciousness and I see them clearly and honestly.  As I visualize them, I say with feeling and complete sincerity: "I fully and freely forgive you."  I see myself happy about this, and I release them and now go free.  I breathe a deep sigh of relief.  I WILL HAVE NO NEED TO REPEAT THIS.  Whenever they cross my mind, I simply say, I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS.  I send them a blessing and turn my thoughts to something else.  As we are freed of our detrimental emotions, we are free to be healed and to become whole. "
I love the, "I have dealt with this."  Truly, it has released me from the hauntings.  The tail has slithered out of my psyche.  I have finally found a way to embrace the wisdom of my life's experience AND let go of any emotional baggage, at least for now and what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment